Commercial Account Director
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take a senior position on a project of global importance within a friendly, high-energy agency on the Suffolk coast.
An experienced and capable person who thinks strategically, communicates effectively with people at all levels, and likes to roll your sleeves up too. You commit to deliver on your promises and take responsibility for successful outcomes, from yourself and your team. You’re confident, articulate and flexible, with a high level of emotional intelligence, allowing you to confidently, politely and robustly manage a variety of stakeholders and project participants, with varying concerns and often passionate, personal interest in your work. You’ll be taking ownership for a complex and important account and it’s absolutely essential that this is successful. We’re looking for you to nurture and grow existing large scale clients, and extend your reach to seek out and secure new clients.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading the overall strategy and delivery for a small number of important clients; these are private and public sectors including energy, new infrastructure supply chain and local authorities.
- Working face to face with stakeholders including board-level clients (and many others across client organisations), community leaders, politicians, press, suppliers and professional advisors.
- Nurturing and growing successful client relationships, always seeking to support clients’ objectives on a corporate and personal level, whilst maximising the agency’s value.
- Developing new clients and opportunities for Spring within the regional B2B network.
- Preparing clear project plans and briefs, writing proposals and working closely with the account management teams to deliver exceptional projects for our clients.
- Leading, managing and supporting project teams, leveraging internal and partner resources to ensure effective delivery of client requirements, and generating growth opportunities.
- Providing weekly updates, financial status and month-by-month forecasts to the agency senior leadership team, and ensure forward planning of resource, income and outgoings.
- Working closely with everyone at Spring so delivery is seamless.
- Ensuring everything we do meets the highest standards, goes out on budget and on time, every time.
What you’ll need
- Great relationship management and communication skills, with the ability to manage resources effectively so timings are kept, processes are followed and everyone is briefed.
- Confidence and skills to manage board level conversations, demanding deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- Extensive experience of project management at the pointy end – bringing a passion for high energy, demanding projects with lots of moving parts and ambitious objectives.
- Knowledge of and interest in communication channels, including websites and digital platforms, events and print media.
- Positive, determined and focused attitude to multiple commitments and a heavy workload.
Our Ethos, and your role
Springers all sign up to our Ethos: Bring Positive Energy, Know What Matters, Make Excellent Work, Improve People’s Lives and Live our Vision (as agents for change). In the context of your role, consider not just how these points impact on the work you do, but also your relationships with colleagues, input to agency life and how you represent Spring outside the agency. The Ethos binds us all, allows us to be honest in our dealings with one another, and forges a strong bond between everyone on the team.
What you’ll get
The opportunity to head up Spring’s role in some of the region’s most exciting and important projects. Personal career development mentoring, training budget and annual cultural expansion grant.
We’re a brand and marketing agency that thrives on creativity and positivity. For nearly twenty years we’ve been helping businesses of all sizes change for the better, from our home in Southwold on the Suffolk coast.
Everyone on our friendly, close-knit team is dedicated to making excellent work, and we’ve got the awards and the results to show for it. We’re ambitious and we’re always looking to do more. With us you’re not limited by boundaries – if you have an idea we always want to hear it.
If you’ve got the drive and the ability we want to hear from you. Contact us with your CV and a covering letter setting out your views on this role and what you could bring to it, on firstname.lastname@example.org