Spring’s Ethos runs deep, and that’s largely because we make continual efforts to keep it relevant and live. Yesterday I sent this note to every member of our team, to set out how the Ethos adapts to fit the current Coronavirus situation. Culturally we are a very close knit group – family, indeed – and our focus is on maintaining this at a distance for the next few weeks or months.
Bring Positive Energy
- Keep regular hours, get dressed, have a ‘workplace’ even if it’s just a different chair at the table
- Stretch, get fresh air, eat well, get exercise, drink water, take vitamin supplements if need be
- Stay positive – don’t get sucked into the news or social media whirlpool. None of us can change the situation, but we can ensure we ride it out without losing our marbles.
- If you feel blue, irritable or worried, chat to a colleague! The phone is your friend and so is everyone at Spring – call, and answer calls too.
Know What Matters
- Delivery, income, cashflow and continued access to opportunity will keep Spring motoring
- Our ability to carry on operating as a team is essential so let’s keep trying new ways to talk, track projects and share ideas
- Keep talking. Keep emailing. Keep messaging. Try to have regular daily contact with every one of your colleagues as if you were here. Even if it’s just ‘hello’.
- Your family’s health and wellbeing is number one – that means yours is too.
- I am going to use this time to map processes, start to draw up personal job descriptions and other useful bits of Spring work that helps simplify things.
Make Excellent Work
- We all need to keep up delivery of excellent work on time, to the quality of normal circumstances
- Use all available sharing methods to get opinions on your work, clarify briefs, keep clients up to date, and ensure we are maintaining quality
- A good opportunity to get our website full of fresh case studies as well as the improvements Chris is working on: if you’ve recently completed a project let me know and we’ll sort a case study.
- Richard, please keep up your fab Friday emails! And everyone else please share things you discover that will open our minds.
- I’d like us to generate some great social and blog material at this time: about clients, our work, the Ethos, how we are handling this time, Springers etc so will ask for contributions/help
Improve People’s Lives
- Your continued focus and good work will help our clients to navigate this odd, unsettling time
- Make sure you have good communications with them, just like each other
- Continue to help them connect with the people they need to connect with
- And naturally anything you can do in your community, without risking your own health, do. We’re all in this together.
Live our Vision as A4C
- This is a time of change – let’s stay flexible, open to opportunities, secure in our purpose
- We don’t have to be day dreamers but we can look for the positives, embrace different working styles and make the most of this until things are back to normal
- There will be a need for our creativity, strategy and community engagement capabilities – let me know your ideas.
- Different perspectives can create new ideas, let them flow and share them with the rest of us!